There’s been a lot of discussion lately about the proposed toy ban at McDonald’s. If you haven’t heard about this, check out the story on CNN. From what I’ve seen it’s a pretty heated debate, some people say that the toys are used a marketing ploy to get kids to eat at McDonald’s. Last time I checked, our kids can’t drive, so obviously the parents/caregivers have something to do with it. My stance on the whole topic is this (and you can agree or disagree, no hard feelings here): The issue of childhood obesity and toys in Happy Meals, which is what the debate is boiling down to, really has nothing to do with toys, in my opinion. Parents have to be educated on what they are feeding their children. My kids have eaten at McDonald’s, it’s definitely a treat for them whenever we do go, the toys have zero influence. And am I the only one that noticed only McDonald’s is being targeted? What about Burger King, Chick-fil-A, Taco Bell, etc? So here’s the question:
What do you think of the toy ban?
Here’s what to do:
* Grab the button, add it to a new post on your OWN blog
* Answer the Question of the Week on your blog (spice it up with
* Stop back here, and sign into the Linky
* Click on the other names in the Linky and check out everyone else’s answers
* Don’t want to blog about it? No problem, just answer the question in our comments section!