What is the best infant car seat for twins? This was a question I agonized over for months while I was pregnant before finally settling on the Chicco Keyfit30. One of the most challenging parts of having 2 or more babies at the same time is figuring out how to transport them from one point to another. I’ve put together a list of car seats and strollers for parents who have twins or more. The criteria for choosing the infant car seat?
- Must have a lower weight limit of 4lbs specified by manufacturer
- Must have a separate base that stays in the car
- Must have at least one double stroller that can accommodate 2 of the seats at the same time
Infant Car Seats for Twins Best Bets
- The Peg Perego Duette will take 2 of their infant car seats but is not included in the list because the car seats are rated for 5 lbs and up
- There are several twin frame strollers. Some are only compatible with same manufacturer car seats
- Baby Trend Snap and Go: The most recent one in stores is compatible with just about every infant car seat according to their tag
Infant Car Seats and Strollers For Triplets
The options for triplets are a more tricky. All in all there are 2 options for moving around with infant triplets
Triplet strollers that will take 3 infant car seats
- The Peg Perego Triplette stroller
- The Inglesina Domino Trio
Triplet strollers that will fully recline for newborns
- Baby Jogger Summit XC stroller
I got the Chicco Keyfit30 seats because I thought my babies would be smaller and born earlier. I was however blessed to have my babies at 39 weeks and almost 6lbs each. With benefit of hindsight, I probably would have purchased the Graco infant car seat because it’s compatible with a lot more strollers. Plus I wouldn’t have paid the extra for a seat rated to 30lbs, the 22lb seat would have worked out fine because the kids have just about outgrown their seats by height and they are not close to 22lbs each yet.
With a few exceptions, all the car seats and strollers listed can be purchased Amazon.com. They’ll come with free shipping and a one year return policy – the best return policy out there.
I blog about life as a twin mom at mytwintopia. When I was pregnant, I had a million questions on raising twins and I didn’t always get my answer from Mr Google. So I blog about the mundane things: the best diapers in each size, best brand baby clothes, double strollers and who knows what else in this world of babies. My blog is my opportunity to share the results of my little research projects and random musings on parenting. It also prevents me from boring colleagues and family members with the intricacies of say diaper rash creams.