Is there anything more memorable than a handmade Christmas ornament? My mom has a Christmas tree that is solely decorated with my sister & my handmade ornaments. Now that I have children of my own, every year, I look forward to helping my daughters make their own ornaments.
Today’s craft is an easy & very inexpensive handmade ornament and the best thing is you will most likely have all the items that you will need at home!
You will need:
- Soup can lids
- Picture of your child(ren)
1. When opening a can, try and leave a lip on the lid top. Save your can lids, wash them & let them dry. (I let my daughters help remind me to save our lids and wash them since there were no sharp edges.)
2. Let you child(ren) help you find a picture of themselves – I printed off a wallet size picture of my daughters off our computer.
3. Take the can lid and place it on top of your picture. Trace around the lid. Now cut the picture out using the drawn line as your guide.
4. Line the inside edge of the can lid with glue (I used my hot glue gun but any glue will work) and place the picture inside the lid.
5. When the glue has dried, flip the lid over. Take the ribbon, make a loop & glue it to the back.
6. For a few extras, you can take the same ribbon, tie a knot & glue it on the ornament.
Also, do not forget to date the ornament so you and your child(ren) can look back and remember the day you made the ornament!
Enjoy and Have fun!