Hi, welcome to Missy’s Craft Corner – I will be sharing some easy, fun & child-friendly crafts with you all.
Thank you cards – I love to send them and receive them. Sometimes I feel that Thank You cards are losing their popularity. So today, I decided to teach my girls the importance saying “Thank You” in the form of a card.
Thank You Cards with a personal touch
You will need:
Markers, crayons, paint
(any type of craft supplies)
Photo of your child(ren)
1. Explain to your child(ren) why you are saying thanks. Today, we sent thank-you notes to a few friends & family members who sent my daughters some recent birthday presents.
2. Lay out all the art supplies and begin.
3. I folded a plain, white sheet of paper in half for making a card.
4. I taped the picture of my daughters to the card and let them decorate it with paper frames and stickers.
5. Next, my daughters wrote Thanks on the card using stickers.
**** My daughters are 4 years old so they found the letters “THANKS” in stickers and let them stick them to the card. You can make this card with your child at any age – you can help a younger child attach the stickers, or older children can make their own.
6. Inside, I wrote a personal thank you note.
7. I let my daughters decorate the card with drawings of flowers, hearts and stickers. Then they wrote their name.
8. And lastly, enjoy the big smiles on your little ones faces because they are so proud of what they have made!
Do not worry if the card is not perfect because the person receiving the card will definitely LOVE the thought behind it including the keepsake picture. Thank you cards are so great but adding a personal touch definitely makes it that much more special.
I hope you all enjoyed the craft today! Feel free to stop by my blog – Two Little Monkeys and check out a few of my favorite crafts!
I can't wait til my girls are big enough to craft with me. Definitely saving this for the future. Thanks for sharing! Your girls are precious.
You always do such a nice job giving step-by-step directions Missy. You really should consider getting your teaching license once your girls are in Kindergarten, you'd be an awesome teacher!!
I love homemade cards too (giving and receiving them) — and the extra details you added (the girls' photo, such a keepsake for the receiver) and the letter stickers, are both a great ideas!!
Thanks for the post!!
Your girls are as cute as always making their cards : )
What a beautiful craft. I love it and the girls do a great job.
Thanks for always sharing great ideas.
PS: Cute models
This is a awesome thank you card. I always send thak you cards and will make sure that I teach my boys to do the same. And this is a great way to make it fun! Thanks for sharing
I adore this post…its spirit, its images, its final product, its "models", its writer! Great inspiration to go the extra mile for those who deserve a true expression of gratitude. Who wouldn't LOVE to get one of those in the mail?
Thank you everyone! Your comments made my day! So glad you all liked the craft idea!
Great post. Thank you cards are awesome!
Great one Missy!
I just LOVE that Missy has joined you with her crafting! Can't wait to be inspired 🙂