As my kids keep reminding me, Valentine’s Day is right around the corner.
I don’t know why but they are all a twitter with all things love and even trying to be nicer to each other by, you know maybe only hitting a sibling once instead of twice.
I smile and nodded and try share their excitement but I think that once you are out of school and aren’t blessed with getting all those Valentine’s from your friends, the day just doesn’t have the same appeal as it once did.
To try and change my mind and show me that I am special and truly loved, my boys took to the kitchen to make some yummy treats.
Because really there is no better way to show a girl how much you love her than offering her some yummy Bakerella Red Velvet Cake Balls covered in chocolate.
Good job, boys. Mommy is feeling very loved and very happy.
Now, its your turn. Grab your multiples and get in the kitchen and make something yummy to show someone you care.
Red Velvet Cake Balls
- 1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
- 1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
- 1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate) or chocolate chips
- wax paper
- After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
- Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)
- Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
- Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package or use the stove top just be share it give it your full attention so that it doesn’t burn.
- Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)